National Association of Counselors in Private Practice
As members of the National Association of Counselors in Private Practice and as private practice business owners, we seek to uphold ourselves to the highest ethical principles in not only our clinical work but as business owners. We believe it is of vital importance to become familiar with the basic ethical guidelines that have been outlined by the Board which you serve. All the therapists and counselors that are NACPP members must certify that they hold a license in the state(s) in which they practice and are thus governed by a specific Code of Ethics. The National Association of Counselors in Private Practice does provide a specific code of ethics for therapists to follow regarding business practices. However, ethical codes have been developed by mental health associations for the purpose of setting professional standards for appropriate behavior, defining professional expectations, and preventing harm to people who go to therapy and we must also follow those. Mental health professionals have an obligation to be familiar with their professional code of ethics and its application to their professional services.
In addition to adhering to the code of ethics for our licensure, as members of this organization:
· We are committed to provide culturally competent services and business practices.
· We see the value in developing our business skills, especially as they relate to clinical outcomes for our clients.
· We integrate cutting edge technology and research in both clinical and business practices.
· We take care of ourselves physically, spiritually and mentally and are advocates of burn out reduction in our field.
· We strive for financial health and our fees are reflective of the quality of service we provide. We seek guidance and transparency in our financial matters.
· We conduct ongoing reviews with our clients and assess outcomes to ensure we are making progress with our clients.
· Our marketing and business development efforts are done with honesty and integrity. We only support and recommend what we truly believe to be of value to our members. If we become aware that a
resource is not meeting the standards we have set we will cease support and involvement with that resource and make members aware.
· Our businesses are created to give members of our community access to quality mental health services, we offer them a wider choice of providers and allow access to qualified help. We also work to decrease stigma of mental health and self-care. Each of our private practices contributes to the community in which it is located in its own unique way
· We are committed to proving quality continuing education in compliance and in accordance with the regulations and requirements of the National Board of Certified Counselors. In order for a Provider to offer and issue NBCC credit, the program subject matter must be directly and primarily related to (1) or more of the NBCC Content Area identified below, and as required by this Policy. The following categories identify the NBCC Content Areas. The relevant content area(s) must be identifiable in the program objectives. 1. Counseling Theory/Practice and the Counseling Relationship; 2. Human Growth and Development; 3. Social and Cultural Foundations; 4. Group Dynamics and Counseling; 5. Career Development and Counseling; 6. Assessment; 7. Research and Program Evaluation; 8. Counselor Professional Identity and Practice Issues; and 9. Wellness and Prevention. These courses are provided by an NBCC approved continuing education provider.
Jamie L. Summers Stacks, PA has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6710. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Jamie L. Summers Stacks, PA is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COUNSELORS IN PRIVATE PRACTICE
Complete the form to stay connected and as a thank you we will send you a PDF with 25+ self-care tips. When you opt in you agree that we can send you periodic updates from NACPP and REAL Self-Care.
You matter and we want to help you take care of you!